With the addition of the cooking system, players can cook up various combinations of items to boost their stats temporarily. When a cooking item is eaten, HP and SP are recovered by a certain amount and stats increase by a certain amount. The higher the grade of cooking item consumed, the greater the stat boost. When consumed, stats will increase for 20 minutes, and stack with existing support skills (such as blessing, increase agility, etc).
If several food items of the same type (Stat) are consumed, the highest level one takes precedence. Therefore, if a lower level food item is consumed while a higher level one is active, the low level one is ignored.
To make cooking items, a cooking kit is needed. The better it is, the higher the success to create an item. A cookbook (the recipes) of the correct level is also needed. Recipes exist for level 1-10 cooking items. The required items as listed in the recipe must also be obtained.
Bonus from cooked food (and item mall food depending on server) is lost if a character dies while still under the effects of the food item.
When the cooking kit is double clicked, it will bring up a list of possible dishes that can be created with the items and recipes (cookbooks) in a player's inventory. However just like the blacksmith hammer during weapon creation, the cooking kit is consumed during cooking. Success rate is affected by DEX and LUK, also higher level of recipes decreases success rate, the cooking set used will also affect success rate, and finally the more food you cook will give a small boost in success rate.
Madeleine Chu will give you the quest. Once you complete the quest, he will sell you cooking items. Charles Orleans will teach you about cooking. Once you complete the quest, he will lend you cooking manuals.
2. Talk to Madeleine Chu.
Out of the three options it gives you, chose "I want to learn how to be a cook". Madeleine will ask you to speak to her master. In order to show your enthusiasm, you will be asked to wear a cook hat.
3. Wearing the cook hat, talk to Charles. After talking to him, he will chose a random level 1 food to make. He'll tell you the ingredients for this food, and you'll need to bring them to him.
4. After bringing him the required items, you'll make your first food item together. He'll give you the food item that was created, but you may want to hold onto it for later.
5. After you're done making the food, return to Madeleine. Madeleine will let you have his copy of the, and give you 10 .
6. Now that you have a Level 1 Cookbook, you'll be able to make food items on your own now. Madeleine will sell you Outdoor Cooking Sets for 500z, but still won't sell you any Home Cooking Sets.
This time, you will need to ask them if they want to see your cooking. You will be asked to create one of each kind of level 1 food (Look in your cookbook for recipies).
7. Once you're done, bring Madeleine your foods that you've made. You can use the one you created with Charles as one of these foods. Madeleine will package these foods in a "Bundle of Food", and you'll need to bring it to Payon.
8. Deliver the bundle of food to Servant in Payon (208, 127), and select the option "Actually, Madeleine sent me...".
9. Return to the Prontera cooks. Madeleine will give you 10. At this point, Madeleine will allow you to buy Home Cooking Sets for 1000z. They're a bit pricier than regular cooking sets, but the bonus success makes it more useful.
10. Talk to Charles once again. Charles will now let you use his cookbooks if you help him with some items he needs.
The quest is complete at this point. If you want access to higher level sets or cookbooks, you'll have to find them from monsters.
Ingredients in purple can be purchased from NPCs.
Cooking Kit - Obtained via
After completion of the cooking quest, the Level 1-5 cookbooks can be obtained by trading some food items with "Charles Orleans" located in Prontera castle. The following is a list of the required items needed for "Charles Orleans" to give you a cookbook.
Cookbooks for Level 6-10 recipes are dropped only by monsters. These items are not sold in shops.
Location - Items Sold and Prices
- 500z, 1000z
Prontera (156, 212) - 700z, 1000z, 200z, 150z
(115, 123) - 700z, 700z, 700z, 1000z, 1000z
Alberta (167, 135) - 250z
Geffen - 200z
Aldebaran - 1000z, 1000z, 150z
Comodo - 700z, 700z, 700z, 250z
Juno (130, 173) - 500z, 200z
Umbala - 1000z, 200z
Amatsu - 700z, 250z
Nifflheim - 374z, 40z
Kunlun - 1000z, 150z
Louyang (256, 123) - 700z, 200z
Ayothaya - 700z, 200z, 550z<ref>Shrimp can be purchased in quantities of 20 by characters doing the Tom Yung Goong Quest as long as the character does not advance past step 3.</ref>, 66z<ref>Red Chile can be purchased in quantities of 30 by characters doing the Tom Yung Goong Quest as long as the character does not advance past step 5.</ref>
Lighthalzen - 1000z, 1000z
Einbroch - 1000z
Hugel - 8500z