A Boss Protocol monster is one that has a special flag set. Some monsters and all MVPs have this flag set. They have the following attributes:
- Various skills fail on them;
- The knock back aspect of skills does not affect them.
- They detect the Hiding status and any other skill statuses that is similar to it.
- The time Ankle Snare holds them is reduced.
- Unaffected by status effects;
- They cannot be silenced, stunned, poisoned, etc.
- Exception: Slash can inflict coma on all undead monsters, including bosses. Otherwise, even coma from Tarot Card will not work on monsters with the boss protocol.
- Affected by all items geared towards "bosses", i.e.;
- Abysmal Knight Cards increase damage to them by 25%
- Alice Cards reduce damage dealt by them by 40%
Example for common monsters with Boss protocol:
- Monsters of Thanatos Tower Lv.7 and above
- Owl Duke
- Owl Baron
- Kasas and Guardians in Thor's Volcano
- The Guardians inside WoE SE Castles
Mini Bosses do not actually exist: this is a player coined term, to describe a rare monster, considered as such because they have set spawn intervals ranging from as quick as 10 minutes to as long as 2 hours unlike normal monsters that spawn instanteneously. Similar to an MVP but not quite exactly like, Mini Bosses are usually programmed under a Boss protocol, with some even being able to summon mobs. Unlike MVPs, these monsters are not FFA. However it is ill-mannered to keep these monsters alive and prevent other players from attacking them while artificially extending the respawn time.
Monsters that people tend to classify as Mini Bosses are:
- Any * of Thanatos monsters, besides Memory of Thanatos
- Arc Angeling
- Cat O' Nine Tails
- Dark Illusion
- Dragon Fly
- Hellion Revenant
- Maya Purple
- Mutant Dragonoid
- Ogretooth (Also known as Tirfing)
- Vagabond Wolf
For more information on these visit:
|Monsters in Ragnarok Online|
|Race||Angel · Demon · Formless · Insect · Fish · Demi Human · Undead · Dragon · Plant · Brute|
|Element||Holy · Shadow · Neutral · Water · Fire · Wind · Earth · Ghost · Poison · Undead|
|Boss Protocol · MVP (Free for All) · Size · Kill Stealing · Monster Skills|