1. Go to southern Umbala and talk to the Botanist. He muses over the stolen book and introduces himself as Jonathan Greengold, a researcher in the field of botany and plant cultivation.
- This is a part of the Missing Book Quest.
- This quest will not be triggered if you do not meet the conditions to start it.
2. Jonathan begs you to let him keep the book as it's vital to his research. After a bit of chatting, he asks you to identify five different plant species in his place.
You must find Rare Plants and kill them to obtain Unidentified Plant scattered around Umbala Fields.
- If the quest is not active (not started yet, or already completed), the Rare Plants won't drop anything.
- It is worth noting that Rare Plant looks like a Shining Plant.
- Every batch of 5 Unidentified Plant will roll a chance to get one of the five plant types.
- You have 1/6 of failing to identify the plant.
- You can still keep getting the same plant type everytime, so it's advisable to bring a big amount of Unidentified Plant.
- Unidentified Plant are Char Bound; however, the identified ones aren't (so you can use the duplicates with other characters).
4. Once you get five different plant types, talk to Jonathan again and he will lend you the book A Guide To Identifying Midgardian Vascular Plants.
5. Jonathan will forward you to his wife. She is located on the same map, at .
Location of Jonathan's Wife
6. She will suggest that there may be Kafra positions in Western Division of the Kafra Corp. in .
7. You can now start the Kafra Band Quest.