Experience can refer to either Base Experience or Job Experience. Both types are required in order for a character to reach his or her full potential. Experience can be gained by killing monsters and completing quests.
The experience system in Ragnarok Online is very simple (as long as special modifiers are not counted). Stronger monsters are worth much more EXP than weak monsters.
The character level or monster level does not affect EXP gained. For example, killing a Poporing will always worth 81 base EXP whether it is killed by a level 15 character or a level 98 character.
Base Experience in actual numbers can be viewed in the Character Select screen.
- For more information, see Party Experience Setup.
In order to activate EXP sharing, the party leader have to set Even Share in party setup.
- Only people within 10 Base Levels of each other can share (Example: Level 91, Level 89, Level 98 could share with each other).
- The EXP reward of a monster is split evenly across all online party members.
- (Monster EXP * (Party Bonus * Tap Bonus) / Number of Party Members) + 1 EXP
Sharing Experience in oRO
- Shared EXP increases by an 15% for each additional player who has either dealt OR received damage or non-damage skills from monsters.
- This effect is commonly referred to as "tap".
- Regardless whether the player is a party member or not, the tap bonus will add its EXP to the monster.
- Tap EXP bonus is capped at 11 taps, for a 165% bonus.
- Parties that don't have any dual-clienting players on the map will get an additional EXP bonus per unique Master Account in the party.
- The party recieves a 25% EXP bonus for the first additional character, and 15% for each character thereafter.
- If a second character from the same Master Account enters the same map the party is currently in, the party bonus will be lost. When the second character leaves, there is a 10 minute-cooldown before the bonus becomes active again.
- If a dual-clienting player is removed from the party, the rest of the party does not suffer the 10-minute cooldown period.
- Players using Guest Accounts are still logged in via their own Master Account; therefore if you log a guest character alongside your own, it considers both characters to be under the same Master Account, and you will not get an EXP bonus if dual-clienting.
- Bard and Dancer's Ensemble Skill Mental Sensing does not stack with this bonus.
Quest Experience Reward
- Many quests offer EXP rewards for doing them. See Quest Table for a list of quests that give EXP rewards.
- Note that you cannot gain more than one level from a single bucket of reward EXP, if the EXP rewards exceeds the EXP required to level up by a huge amount.
- Formula : Max gain = (EXP requirement for current level)*2 - (Current EXP gathered in current level) - 1
- Gathering the EXP when a player current EXP % is close to zero will maximize the gain from a single amount.
- A level 60 non-transcendent character needs 365,914 base EXP to level up. If that character has 100,000 EXP and completes the Lost Child Quest (900,000) EXP, the character will be level 61 with 365,913 XP toward next level. In this case actual EXP gained is 631,827, wasting 268,173 EXP.
- The following skills, items, or effects can add to experience (base/job) gained via killing monsters.
- Mental Sensing
- Shoes Cards
- Dragon Killer (Dragon Race)
- Slash (Undead Race)
- Acolyte Set, for the Acyolyte class only, Demon and Undead monsters
- TaeKwon Master's Blessing Skills - Aligned Monsters on the appropriate day
- Experience "Tap" - For each player beyond the first who has hit the monster or been hit by the monster's normal attack, experience awarded is increased by 10% (up to 11 players can tap a monster, in addition to the one who kills it)
- Temporary Experience Events
- Monster of the Day System
- Floating Rates Event
- Aligned Monster Formula (TaeKwon Masters): ((Original Exp*Exp Event Modifier)*Exp Tap Modifier*(Weapon Modifier+Card Modifier+Manual Modifier)*(Blessing Modifier+Mental Sensing))
- Non-Aligned Monster Formula (Everyone Else): ((Original Exp*Exp Event Modifier)*Exp Tap Modifier*(Weapon Modifier+Card Modifier+Manual Modifier)*Mental Sensing)
|Levels||Experience (Quest Table) · Base Level (Base EXP Chart · Base EXP Quests) · Job Level (Job EXP Chart · Job EXP Quests) · Party System · Guild Level · Homunculus Level|