- 1 What is a Homunculus
- 2 How do you get a Homunculus?
- 3 Homunculus Status and Skill Points
- 4 Evolution
- 5 Controlling the Homunculus
- 6 Experience & Leveling
What is a Homunculus
Homunculi are pets that assist players in ways such as a support, an instant partymate, or a sacrifice for the player. The player must be an Alchemist or a BiochemistCU and must go through the Bioethics Quest to unlock the appropriate skills required to create a Homunculus. After the quest, Bioethics will be available to the player, and the rest of the Homunculus Skill Branch shall be available through the distribution of skill points.
There are 4 types of Homunculi with various attributes unique to each.
|Name||Baby Form||Evolved Form||Type||Food||Skills|
How do you get a Homunculus?
- (Not Consumed)
Once an Call Homunculus to summon the Homunculus. Even though it is not completely proven, it is a popular "fact" that the creator of the 's stats plays in a role in the probability of summoning each Homunculus.is obtained, use the skill
Homunculus Status and Skill Points
Homunculus have their own set of stats apart from their masters, these will have a set amount upon summoning and will vary as it level. With each level, a Homunculus will receive a certain amount points to each stat (STR, INT, DEX, AGI, VIT, LUK) depending on which type of Homunculus. These stats are invisible under the Homunculus stat window (Alt+R). The Homunculus's ATK, MATK, HIT, CRIT, DEF, MDEF, FLEE, and ASPD will be visible.
Homunculus stats can be seen though [oRO's Control Panel] by choosing your character, scrolling down to the Pets tab, then clicking on your Homunculus. This page will even show whether the stat growing is good or not.
- Min ATK = STR + [STR(Rounded down to the nearest multiple of 10) / 10]2 + Dex
- Max ATK = STR + [STR(Rounded down to the nearest multiple of 10) / 10]2 + Max(STR + Level, DEX)
- MATK = INT + [INT(Rounded down to nearest multiple of 5)/5]2
- HIT = Level + DEX
- CRIT = [LUK/3] + 1
- Armor Def = [Level / 10] + [VIT / 5]
- VIT Def = VIT - 1
- MDEF = [Level / 10] + [INT / 5]
- FLEE = Level + AGI
- ASPD = 200 - (Delay/10) + ( [4*Delay*AGI/1000] + [Delay*DEX/1000] ) / 10
New Homunculus are born with 20 intimacy (Awkward).
Homunculi can evolve. Use a(simply double click it) when the Homunculus's intimacy is Loyal to evolve it. With Evolution, the Homunculus will obtain random bonus of 1-10 for each of the stats, increased HP and SP, and a new sprite.
After evolving, the Homunculus' intimacy resets to 10 (Hate). Once its intimacy reaches 910 (1 point before Loyal intimacy) again, a fourth, new skill is unlocked.
Controlling the Homunculus
Here is a listing of all manual functions with the default AI. In general, there will be no need for any other manual functions in most Custom AIs.
- Alt + Single Right Click: Target monster.
- Alt + Double Right Click: Attack monster.
- Alt + T: Standby, idle/passive mode, cancels all commands and returns to master.
- Alt + Right Click Ground: Move to location (15 tile range).
- Alt + R: Information window.
If the player is dead, manual commands can't be issued. The AI will continue to function as normal however.
All Homunculi behavior is controlled by an AI script. There is a choice between the use of the default script or a custom-made script. The Default Script is both poorly made and simple. The Primary problems with the default script are that the Homunculus will either kill steal everything (default AIed Vanilmirth and Filir) or will not attack anything at all (default AIed Amistr and Lif). Hence it is recommended to make a custom AI or use a premade one made by users. To switch between the Default AI and the User AI, use the /hoai command. oRO provides a modified version of MirAI pre-packaged in the client.
- AzzyAI doesn't work properly on non-Aegis based servers (like Hercules), so a manual fix must be done.
Configuring the AI
Pre-packaged custom IA is located at ...\OriginsRO\AI\USER_AI. If you make any changes, relog and resummon; this should be done every time there is a change in script. While there are infinite possibilities with AI scripts, it is necessary to understand that there are things it can and cannot do. These limitations are what separates it from bots.
- To modify your IA, open ...\OriginsRO\AI\USER_AI\config.exe
What is possible
- Automatically attacking monsters within player's sight range.
- Auto Casting Homunculus Skills.
- Different tactics for individual monsters (ex: what priority to attack, using a skill on that monster etc.)
- Reading the HP, SP, MAXHP and MAXSP values of the Homunculus or its owner.
- Reading the target of an attacking monster (to avoid kill stealing).
What is impossible
- Auto Feeding.
- Using skills while their owner is Vending
- Homunculus maintain its AI when out of range of the Alchemist.
- Having the Alchemist move around. Except when auto casting Castling
- Reading the HP, SP, MAXHP and MAXSP values of someone other than the Homunculus or its owner.
- Auto player skills.
What is not allowed
- Using a 3rd party program.
- Feeding the Homunculus or moving the owner around using a 3rd party program.
- Players are responsible for the actions of their Homunculus. For example, If the Homunculus kill-steals people, then the player is held accountable and may be punished accordingly.
- Due to oRO's AFK restrictions, the following will apply to homunculi:
- If the player is AFK for more than 30 seconds, Autolooting methods will be deactivated.
- If the player is AFK for more than 5 minutes, EXP won't be granted to both the Alchemist and the Homunculus.
Feeding and Intimacy
Much like pets, Homunculus require feeding. Feed the Homunculus when its hunger is between 11~25 to get 1 full point of intimacy. Feeding at the other times will give less than a full point and may even reduce the intimacy. If one forgets to feed the Homunculus, its intimacy will decrease, and it will leave the master if it goes below zero intimacy.
|Starving at 1%~10%||-1 (every 60 seconds)|
The homunculus also display emotes as a way of warning the player. The emotes used are:
|Hunger drops to 75%||/ok|
|Hunger drops to 25%||/hmm|
|Hunger below 11% every 20 seconds||/sob|
|Player feeds without proper item||/swt|
|Player feeds at 1%~75%||/ho|
|Player feeds at 76%~90%||/swt2|
|Player feeds at 91%~100%||/wah|
|Failed to use skill||/...|
Intimacy is crucial for evolution, obtaining the final skill, and AFKing. Intimacy has not been proven to affect Homunculus stat growth. Intimacy points will not show in the Homunculus window. However for each interval of intimacy points the Homunculus has, the window will show:
|1-3||Hate with Passion|
The player dying, the Homunculus dying, or the Homunculus vaporizing does not affect intimacy. Stressing it (other than using ultimate skills) is the only way that to lower its intimacy. One can stress the Homunculus by not feeding it (hunger < 11) or overfeeding it (hunger > 75).
Each minute of starving causes the Homunculus to lose 1 Intimacy. It will take roughly 16.5 hours (16.5 * 60 = 990) to go from max Intimacy to 0 Intimacy.
If the player can no longer Call Homunculus or Homunculus Resurrection, then the Homunculus has left its master for good. However, Alchemists are able to create a new Homunculus.
Experience & Leveling
- When a monster is killed by a homunculus alone:
- If a player kills a monster and his/her homunculus doesn't contribute to the kill at all:
- Player gets all Job Experience from the monster.
- Homunculus gets no Experience at all.
- If a monster is killed by having both the player and his/her homunculus dealing damage to the monster.
- Player gets 125% of the monster's Base Experience - For example, a Sidewinder gives 1,996 base experience. If both the player and the homunculus participate in the fight, the player gets 2,495 experience (1,996 * 1.25) instead!
- Player gets a portion of the monster's Job Experience based on how much damage is dealt by the player (the Job Experience pool is 125% of normal).
- Homunculus gets a portion of the monster's EXP based on how much damage is dealt by it.
- Whenever the player dies, if the homunculus is above 80% HP, it will automatically Vaporize.
- If it is below 80%, it will not vaporize and is able to continue to fight, and the player continues to receive EXP from Homunculus, but manual commands cannot be used.
- It's a common mis-conception that when a homunculus defeats a monster, they get the job experience of the monster. In actuality, they get a copy of the base exp of the monster, modified by the damage they did to it and how many people attacked it.
|Level||EXP||Total EXP||Level||EXP||Total EXP||Level||EXP||Total EXP||Level||EXP||Total EXP|
- The following are some recommended spots for leveling your homunculus:
- Levels 1-10:
- ( . Set up AI to have vani move around to kill.)
- Levels 10-20:
- ( , , , , etc.)
- ( , , ).
- Levels 15-30:
- ( , , etc.)
- ( , , etc.)
- ( , , , etc.)
- Levels 30-40:
- ( , , , etc.)
- ( , , , etc.)
- Levels 40-50:
- ( , , , etc.)
- (Set up AI to kill everything EXCEPT to help stay alive.)
- Levels +50:
- (Set up AI to kill all monsters on the map.)
- Levels 1-10:
FAQ for Homunculus
- They gain a skill point for every three levels. There is no Job Level equivalent.
- Their Flee and Defense are not reduced by the number of monsters.
- Their HIT is capped at 99%. Even if it has way more hit than required for a monster, it will always miss at a 1% chance.
- All Homunculus have a base attack speed of 1.4 seconds / attack (130). Different stat growths lead to different attack speeds of each Homunculi.
- Homunculi Stat Growth is RANDOM.
- Homunculi can hit Ghost Property Monsters.
- It is possible to fail to create the .
- Hercules' forum thread about AzzyAI : https://herc.ws/board/topic/3187-homunculus-ai-improvement .
|Amistr Skills||Adamantium Skin · Amistr Bulwark · Blood Lust · Castling|
|Filir Skills||Accelerated Flight · Flitting · Moonlight · S.B.R.44|
|Lif Skills||Brain Surgery · Healing Hands · Mental Charge · Urgent Escape|
|Vanilmirth Skills||Caprice · Chaotic Blessings · Instruction Change · Self-Destruction|
| Bioethics · |