- It's important to do Umbala Language Quest first, or you will have to do step 1 to 5 twice.
1. Prepare 1 Blue Gemstone and 1 Red Gemstone. You will use them, but they will be given back immediately.
2. In Umbala, near (216,190) click the skull and look at it carefully. The skull is on/by the door.
3. It will ask you what you want to do. First put in a Blue Gemstone then a Red Gemstone. These go into the Left and then Right eyes.
4. You will be teleported into the room and should talk to the shaman.
5. Go to the leader's house (umbala 68, 253), and talk to him.
- Note: If you haven't done the Umbala Language Quest yet, you will have to do it first, then restart the quest from step 1.
6. He'll ask you to bring him a Mr. Smile as a gift. Give him one.
7. Now you may have the shamans process ore for you. Every time you enter their room you will need to put the gems into the skull again.
8. Both shamans can break a pure elemental stones into lesser stones, or make a lesser elemental stones out of certain monster drops.
- The left shaman will break or convert all the stones immediately. However, it will charge you 75z per created stone (ex: 15 Horns into a Green Live) and 800z per broken stone (ex: 1 Great Nature into 6~10 Green Live).
- The right shaman will break or convert all the stones in batches of 1~10 items; this shaman won't charge you zeny.
- When turning monster items into lesser stones (ex: 15 Horns into a Green Live), there is a 10% chance of failing.