|Devotion Skill Info|
|Cast Time:||3 seconds|
|Cast Delay:||3 seconds|
|Duration:||(15+Skill Level*15) seconds|
|Target:||Party Members (Non-Crusaders)|
|Range:||(6+Skill Level) cells|
|(Crusader) Grand Cross Lv. 4, Shield Reflect Lv. 5|
Protects a Party Member by taking all of the damage inflicted on said Party Member. The Party Member must be within 10 levels of the caster. The damage that the caster receives from Devotion is affected by the Party Member`s Defense, rather than the caster's. However, if the caster activates Guard, Shield Reflect, or Defending Aura, these skills will also affect Party Members targeted by Devotion and will generally function as if the Devoted party members had them as well.
|Level||Duration (seconds)||Range||# of Sac Targets|
- If a player goes beyond the range of Devotion, their line of Devotion will graphically disappear. Devotion does not deactivate until a player takes damage when out of range of the skill, or the duration of the skill expires.
- Cannot be cast on other Crusaders.
- When a player is under Devotion, none of their skills can be interrupted by physical or magical attacks as they are not actually receiving any damage. However, certain skills such as Provoke and Gloria Domini, bypass this protective effect.
- If the Crusader receives damage that exceeds their remaining HP through Devotion, they will die, and any damage exceeding the Crusader's hit points does not pass to the original target receiving the damage.
- Certain abilities function through Devotion: Guard, Shield Reflect, and Defending Aura. Guard works as if the Devotion'd target had the skill active, also inducing physical attack delay when activated. Shield Reflect only works on melee skills when applied through Devotion. This includes Asura Strike, as well as Arrow Shower cast by a monster. Defending Aura currently will slow all Devoted targets when activated, but only apply a reduced damage reduction compared to the 80% reduction on the caster.
- Devotion will prevent the Soul Linker skill Kaite from functioning since damage is redirected toward the Devotion Caster.
|Crusader & Paladin|
| 2nd Class
|Cavalier Mastery · Cure · Defending Aura · Demon Bane · Divine Protection · Faith · Grand Cross · Guard · Heal · Holy Cross · Peco Peco Ride · Resistant Souls · Sacrifice · Shield Boomerang · Shrink · Smite · Spear Mastery · Spear Quicken|
|Battle Chant · Gloria Domini · Martyr's Reckoning · Rapid Smiting|
|Quests||Crusader Job Change Guide · Crusader Skill Quest · Rebirth Walkthrough|
|Weapons||One Handed Sword · Spear · Two Handed Sword|