Part 1: Crumbs of Sobbing Starlight
1. Read the Announcement on a notice board in one of the cities. All the announcements are the same, so it is only necessary to read one.
Tip: Bring everything and drop it on the ground to avoid 600 trips to storage.4. After Arian has all the items he wanted, speak to the Young Man, Gaanan above him. Gaanan will asks 5 questions, to which the answers are:
After answering correctly, talk to Arian to be rewarded with a 1 Payon to find Daewoon for the second test.and experience based on your base level. Now journey to
You can take the test again if you failed. If you succeeded, Daewoon then gives you a 1and experience based on your base level, bringing the total to two.
Note: For question 3, the option "Close my eyes and attack/smash it" is also accepted.6. Enter the lower right Aldebaran building (223/56) and find Sir Jore . He asks for the following items after he fails his experiment.
Note: While Sir Jore can be spoken to any any time to start his section, you will need to return to him between 17:00 and 22:00 (UTC) that day. If this time is missed, continue again tomorrow.
Once near her, one of two things will happen.
10. Tell Sir Jore what was discovered about the Stone of Sage from Gordon. When he asks what the Stone of Sage is, enter the response [Red Gemstone]. He'll hand over the third 1 Geffen.11. Inside the top right Geffen building (168/170) is a female drinker, Jesqurienne . Tell her you've heard of her, and then call her a stuck-up chick to accept her challenge. and mentions Jesqurienne in
12. Talk to her boyfriend Aaron at the same table to begin the challenge. In order to win, more or equal questions must be answered correctly than Jesqurienne. The ten multiple choice questions presented will also be chosen at random.
Examples of some questions are: - Which NPC is not relevant to the Blacksmith Job Quest?: Barcardi - Which item is not relevant to the creation of a Counteragent?: Karvodailnirol - Choose the monster that is a different size than the others.: Marine - Choose the skill related to the Priest's B.S. Sacramenti from the ones displayed in the list.: Gloria - Choose the material that is not related to the creation of a Condensed White Potion.: Empty Bottle - Choose the item that is"necessary for a Blacksmith"to create a Gladius.: Sapphire - Choose the property that is unrelated to the Mage's Bolt type skills.: Earth - What is the Bunny Band's DEF and its added ability?: LUK +2:2 - Choose the prefix or suffix that is incorrectly matched with its Monster Card name.: Golem - Immortal - Choose the correct name of the ruler of the Rune-Midgarts Kingdom.: Tristan III - Choose the monster that is a different type than the others.: Penomena - Choose the monster which does not drop the 'Yggdrasil Leaf' item.: Marduk - Choose the job class that cannot equip Silk Robe.: Hunter - Choose the level requirement for entering the PvP Room.: 31 - What is the correct weight for 1 Empty Bottle?: 2 - Choose the correct DEF for the Indian Filet item.: 3 - What is the city closest to Turtle Island?: Alberta - Fifty-one multiplied by fifteen, divided by three, plus five is equal to...?: 260 - Four thousand five hundred sixty divided by four, divided by two, plus three is equal to...?: 573 - Three thousand one hundred two added to five hundred, plus four, divided by six equals...: 601 - Choose the building that is the closest to the Item Upgrade Place in Juno.: Weapon Shop - Choose the Hunter's Trap skill which does not inflict Property Damage.: Shockwave Trap - Which monster would receive the most damage from a Fire Property Dagger?: Hammer Goblin - Choose the monster on which the Mage skill, 'Stone Curse,' is ineffective: Evil Druid - Choose the NPC that looks different than all the others.: Izlude Meat Merchant - Choose the item that cannot be equipped by Novice class characters.: Wooden Mail
Note: If taking too long to answer, the quiz will be restarted.
After beating her, input your character's name and to receive a fourth 113. Go inside the . Comodo casino (153/97), and proceed to the second floor. Talk to a Strange Guy, Dearles . First, he needs: 30,000 zeny.
Note: Temporal restrictions on this NPC have been removed on OriginsRO.
14. Now he'll ask for artsy items. You must collect 11 or more points worth of different artsy items in order to continue.
Here are all of the known examples: (w/ point values and npc location listed next to them)
15. Finally, Dearles proposes a dancing test.
Steps: up left down right down left & up right down right down left & up right & up left & stay center down left & down right & down left down right & center & down right down left & up left & up right & down right & center down left & up right & up left & down right up right & down right & up right & down right up left & up right & center & up right & down left & down right
Note: Any movement speed enhancing items/buffs are recommended, but not necessary. Note 2: You don't have to reach the end of the spot, just touch one of the first lines of the step to make it count. This strategy helps out to successfully finish the test. Note 3: When a "Hide" spot is seen at the dancing test room, move to it to "Unhide" the spot, indicating a dance move was performed correctly. Note 4: The last part is tricky: sometimes it's the center sometimes it's down, even if it says center. Be sure to check the "Hide" spot for the last part.
16. After the dance examiner states the test was passed, talk to Dearles for the fifth 1and experience based on your base level.
He'll createwith the following ingredients:
Note: He does have a small chance to fail so you might have to look for these items again.
22. After receiving the Prontera Castle.23. Go to Prontera Castle and find her brother, Maruin , at the entrance of the banquet hall. , go back to Seylin. She'll need the Vigorgra and a letter send to her brother at
24. After he gets the items, return to Seylin. She rewards you with 3.
25. Then go downstairs and talk to Mahatra. Mahatra will send you up to Bakerlan. Finally Bakerlan say you've passed the test and gives you the sixth 1plus some experience based on your base level.
25. Return to Metz in Prontera. He will give you the 7th and last 1 . He'll tell you more information about the Crumb of Sobbing Starlights.
Part 2: The Complete Sobbing Starlight
1. Continue talking to Metz. He tells you that if you can merge all thes into the , he'll reveal more secrets. But there's only one Blacksmith who has the skill to forge it and no one knows his whereabouts. Metz tells you his family lives in Geffen.
Note: You'll need to talk to him few times to activate the second quest.2. Go to a Geffen building and find a Lonely Looking Woman, Brenda . You'll need to key in her husband's name Engel Howard. She'll tell you they moved to Geffen because it's near her husband's work place.
Note: To get the drawing you must select the "..." answer after telling Liana her dad misses her.4. Head to the Coal Mines to find her father. Go to second floor of the dungeon and find Engel by using the hidden path from or the ingame navigation /navi mjo_dun02 64/295.
Give the Picture Letter to him and tell him your intentions. He'll ask you to find the required ingredients to forge the Sobbing Starlight.
Note: The higher quality the anvil, the higher chance it'll succeed.is the best, but your anvil will not be returned once you give it to him. You get one chance with any anvil of your choice, but if that attempt fails, you will need to return with a or instead.
After you pass over the items he needs, he'll ask you send the a letter to his Wife while waiting for him to complete the forging.
5. Go back to Geffen and pass the letter to his Wife, Brenda. Before you leave make sure to talk to the Cute Girl, Liana for a reward.
6. Go back to the Coal Mines and talk to Engel. If he failed to forge it, recollect the ingredients and a higher quality anvil instead (Prontera and talk to Metz.or only). If it succeeded, you'll get the . Go back
7. When you tell Metz the good news, he's very happy you repaired the Geffen.8. Go to the . Unfortunately, he can't read the ancient words inside of it, so he sends you to the Magician, Dhota in Geffen Tower and find Annoyed Man, Dhota and the highest floor. Key in the [ ] and he'll ask you to go to Umbala to get the solution instead.
After bringing him the required items, he hands over an Ancient Document. Return to Prontera for Metz.
Part 3: The Ancient Document
1. Metz states Frank needs to translate the Ancient Document. Select the option "Where is he?" then "I see".2. Go to Alberta and to find a Fastidious Old Man, Frank . But he seems to talking to himself and mumbles about his eyesight.
3. Once he receives the4. Now go collect these items and bring them to the Giant Telescope in the West Geffen Field . , he'll help translate the Ancient Document. Once he finishes, keep talking to him until he gives you the Translated Ancient Language (2% chance).
5. Keep going up to find Valkyrie, Sandra . After speaking to her, she kicks you out to Geffen.
(Needs confirmation) Probably, you need to have a level which needs ~1m to level, below that it bugs the exp given
6. Talk to Metz again and he'll refer you to Nifflheim.
Note: The Witch's Piano Keys Quest must be completed to continue.7. When arriving at Nifflheim find a Pleasant-Featured Lady, Serin . She requires help: answer "Sure, go ahead" followed by "Sure, let's do it". The next answer determines how you wish to continue the quest.
A. Sure, why not? (Longer quest but receiveas a reward along with 1.250.000 experience points.
B. Why should I help them. (Shorter quest)
Part 4a: "Sure, why not?"1. Once "I understand." is selected, track down a kid, Alakina Anne inside a house at . She'll cry about wanting to go back home. After talking to her again "About the curse", she'll spew hints.
3. When the curse is successfully broken, thewill be received.
4. Go near Anne and she'll ask for help to go back. Choose "What can I do?" and then go find the Witch at the Witch Tower.5. The Witch is in the highest building in Nifflheim. Follow the carpet in the Piano room and to enter the Witch's Room. DO NOT CLICK ON, but go stand next to the Witch, Kirkena (if you click on her you will be teleported back to Umbala) so she begins talking. (If she is clicked on, you can wait until the dialogue time-outs, about 60 seconds. The Next button will change to Close and you may try again.) Give her the Witch's Spell Book and choose "There's a lost child here I want to help."
She'll hand over a. The only way to escape from her room is to use a Butterfly Wing, Warp Portal, or click her head and be sent to the Umbala Jump Point.
6. Go near Anne and she'll thank you. Then go near the Anne again and she'll say you lied to her, and she still can't go back.
7. Go back to Kirkena for an explanation. She'll say the Wing Of Crow only can be used by living people, which means Anne is dead.
8. You did your best, so you head back and talk to Serin. Even though you can't help Alakina, she still thanks you. And as she promised, she'll give you her important item,as reward. Talk to Serin again and she'll ask you to find Greyryu the Poet.
10. You find a Depressing Man, Gen just West of the building you enter. Talk to him and you find out he was the chosen one once, but failed, and he cautions you. He advises you to find the Witch for help.
Part 4b: "Why Should I Help Them?"1. Once you choose "Why should I help them?," find a Depressing Man, Gen , he's the npc to get cursed water, he's also West of the building you entered while doing piano quest. Talk to him and you find out he was the chosen one once, but failed, and he cautions you. He advises you to find the Witch for help.
2. The Witch is at the highest building (254/191) in Nifflheim. Follow the carpet in the Piano room and you'll enter the Witch's Room. Go near the Witch, Kirkena and she'll auto talk to you first. She'll ask you to find her Witch's Spell Book.
3. Go near the Cursed Spirit, Ash Bruce . He senses your strength, select the pull and read the 3rd book. You would be prompt to enter a spell, select the following options: Klaatu, Verata and Nictu (hidden 4th option).
Part 5: Proving Yourself
1. Go near the Witch, Kirkena and she'll tell you about the dangers of the quest. She also tell you to prove yourself is by bringing her theand asks you to keep it as a secret. Go near her again and she'll ask you to come from the headstone near the stairs on the second floor the next time you visit.
2. Go to Serin. You need to click on her 3 times. She'll tell you thing that the Witch didn't tell you. She also wants you to inform her first-hand once you get the Authority Of Nine World from the Ruler of the Dead and listen to the reasons why she needs these powers.3. Now go back to the Giant Telescope in West Geffen Field to teleport to Valkyrie Temple (No need to bring any ingredients). Talk to Valkyrie, Sandra and she'll say she can't help you, but she'll give you support mentally.
4. You're on your own now. So you go back Nifflheim to find more clues. You find a Mad Man, Laichin and he seems to have information you need for the quest! But he needs you to pay him twice, 40,000 Zeny and 20,000 Zeny.
5. Listen carefully to the locations he mentions. The locations are random for each person and there are 4 locations you need to go out of a total of 8. Follow the sequence he mentions.
Note: There are 3 possible sequences and you have to go in this specific order
Sequence 1: (5, 1, 6, 4)
Sequence 2: (3, 8, 7, 6)
Sequence 3: (8, 2, 6, 4)
The locations he mentions are in The Lowest Cave of Glast Heim (). Bring a level 4 weapon. Keep the weapon in your inventory (not equipped).
6. Once there, click on the Mysterious Environment and it'll pop up with 3 types of message.
7. You'll get aonce you break the seal. And when you break the fourth seal, you'll get the . Go back to Nifflheim and talk to Depressing Man, Gen.
8. Gen will identify himself as a servant to his master, Lady Hell. His master is looking for the Spiritual Whispers and he'll send you to an Unknown Area where his master resides.
9. Head up to the Unknown Area. You'll pass a fountain, but don't click it yet. Curiosity killed the cat. Keep moving upward and you'll find the Queen of the Dead, Lady Hell.
10. Talk to her and she'll give youin exchange for the Whisper of Soul.
11. Now you have two choices. Either give theto:
A. Witch, Kirkena (requires defeating more monsters, but can bring friends to help).
B. Pleasant-Featured Lady, Serin (requires defeating Incarnation of Dark Lord, aka 1 Dark Illusion, with NO help from friends).
Part 6a: Kirkena the Witch1. If you chose the Witch, Kirkena, go find her in her room through the headstone near the stairs on the second floor .
She'll ask for theand explain the reasons she needs it. If you got earlier, she'll take it but will return it later and you can store the ring in kafra now (before that you couldn't store it). After that she'll give you 1 and 5 .
Kirkena found the location of Serin. Once you're ready, Kirkena will send you to a copy of nif_fild02 with many monsters on it: Ghouls, Succubus, Wraiths, Injustices, Evil Druids, and Ancient Mummies, which do not give EXP or drop anything. You must fight your way past them to get to the portal on the other side. Enter it, and you'll be in Serin's room. If you have people helping you, they'll be sent to Serin and must talk to her to get to where you are.
2. You'll find Serin at the Unknown Area. Talk to her and chose "Stop her."
3. Serin will summon monsters to attack you. Try not to stand near her when you talk to her.
You'll need to defeat these monsters:
4. Once you beat the monsters, Serin will reappear. She'll tell you she's happy that she met you and she'll give up her dream and live peacefully in Nifflheim. Later on she'll send you back to the Witch's room. There is a 10 minute time limit on this battle.
Part 6b: Serin the Pleasant-Featured Lady
1. If you chose Pleasant-Featured Lady, Serin, go find Serin and she explains that the witch is going to summon Dark Lord which will devastate the world, instead, to pass her theto stop the witch. She'll send you directly to her room.
2. In the room listen to her reasons for using the. Serin has tricked you and she was the one who wanted to summon Dark Lord and so you must "Stop her". After talking to her, Dark Lord will appear.
Talk to Dark Lord and 1 Dark Illusion is summoned to attack you. There is a 10 minute time limit on this battle.
3. Once you beat the Dark Illusion, Serin will reappear. She'll tell you she's happy that she met you and she'll give up her dream and live peacefully in Nifflheim. Later on she'll send you back to the Witch's room.
Part 7: The Sign
1. Talk to Kirkena and she's happy you stopped Serin. You'll get 1,250,000 experience points as a reward. And she asks you to talk to Lady Hell once more. (if you took the witch path above, you need to have all 5in your inventory).
Note: If you took the path 6a, Serin (in Nifflheim town) will give you base exp if you return her ring to her (if you took the path that gave it). This must be done before talking to Lady Hell, otherwise Serin will tell you "....." and /sob. (needs confirmation).
Note 2: You can re-enter Kirkena's room by using the picture near the stairs' portal.
2. Talk to Depressing Man, Gen to enter to Lady Hell room. When you meet Lady Hell, she won't have much to say to you.
3. Next, go the Valkyrie Temple and talk to Sandra. She's happy that you can complete the quest, and proved your courage to God. She'll give youas proof that you are God's Chosen One. You'll be able to enter Valhalla with .
4. Go back to Prontera and pass to Metz. He's pretty excited when you pass The Sign to him and he is glad you completed the quest. He'll start to study The Sign.
6. Bringback to Metz. After he finds out the truth of The Sign, his wish is fulfilled. He will then give you 5,000,000 base EXP.
Note: You may return7. Bring to Serin during this time before you talk to Lady Hell the final time. and to Gen . Gen will warp you to his Master's room. Meet Lady Hell and pass the to her. Then sit back and watch the fireworks display! After the fancy display, Lady Hell will give you .(Lucifer's Lament is storagable, which means you may use it on any character.)
8. Go to the Geffen Fountain and click on it to enter Geffenia. The portal will open temporarily North of the Fountain, and anyone regardless of class, level, or having done the quest may enter it. Be warned however that this map has strong monsters.