| Base Level:
|| 5+ People for Level 3 Access
| Item(s) (Consumed):
|| 1 Fragment of Misery
| Item(s) (Not Consumed):
|| Equippable Level 4 Weapon
| Quest Prerequisite(s):
|| Transcendent Class or above level 95 Expanded Class characters
| Quest Reward(s):
|| Ability to Summon Memory of Thanatos (Repeatable)
- Note: In order to access floors higher than 6, players must be either a Transcendent class or Expanded class above level 95.
1. On Thanatos Tower 1F you should find a representative NPC who is looking for recruits for those wishing to explore the tower. Sign up with her for the quest.
- Note: If you do NOT intend to finish the entire quest at one time, you should be aware that once you obtain the Keys (possibly the stones as well), they cannot be put into storage or dropped. If every amount of weight counts on your character, you would be wise not to do this quest if you don't intend to do it to completion (or at least until you use all of the items). Also, on F12 when you log out you will be sent back to your save point.
2. A guide on Thanatos Tower 2F blocks the entrance to 3F. You will need to gather 5 or more players will the guide open the door to 3F.
- It's not required that you be in the same party to enter. If you have not received the quest from step 1, you will not be able to enter this portal.
3. On 3F you'll find a strange mechanism. Using a Lv. 4 weapon, you can pry the device open, obtaining a Red Key.
4. On 4F you'll find another strange mechanism. *The mechanism can be opened by solving a puzzle, similar to mastermind if you've ever played it. *The machine will guess 3 numbers between 1 and 9 (none repeating), and you will be required to crack the password. *Each round you can guess 3 numbers from 1-9 (no repeats), and the machine will inform you how many of the numbers you chose were correct and in the proper location, and how many numbers are correct but not in the right location. *You have 5 rounds to guess the correct code or you will be required to restart. When you correctly complete this puzzle, you will obtain a Yellow Key.
Note: if you'd like help finding the number, try this site.
5. On 5F , there will be a third mechanism. Insert the Red Key into the crack, followed by the Yellow Key. You will receive a Blue Key.
6. On 6F , there will be a fourth mechanism. Nearby, there will be 5 wheels which you can turn and adjust. You will want to adjust them so that they are all in the same configuration, one solution is:
- First Small Wheel - Option 1
- Second Small Wheel - Option 2
- First Big Wheel - Option 3
- Second Big Wheel - Option 1
- Third Big Wheel - Option 1
Here you will obtain the Green Key.
7. Also on 6F , you will find the last mechanism. Choose the 2nd option each time to obtain the Black Key.
Here you will obtain the Black Key.
8. Once you've obtained all 5 colored keys enter the portal to the next floor and the Black Key will transform itself into the Black Charm Stone.
- Note: You cannot enter the portal unless you have all five Keys. If you have any Charm Stones, you must sell them at an NPC first, then collect the corresponding Key before attempting to enter 7F.
9. On 8F you will find a set of Shining Crystals. Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
- Players who would like to access the 7th to 9th floor for hunting purposes only need to complete the quest up to this point. However, since the Black Key is transformed into a Charm Stone upon entering the 7th floor, players will need to discard it (by selling to an NPC) and repeat the 7th step before entering 7F for every journey.
10. Talk to the 2nd set of Shining Crystals at . Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
11. Talk to the 3rd set of Shining Crystals at . Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
12. Talk to the last set of Shining Crystals at . Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
- Note: The shining crystals on 8F rearrange themselves every 30 min, if they rearrange while you are between steps 9 and 12, you may need to back track to the start of the level.
- Note: You should have Black, Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue Charm Stones before proceeding.
13. With all the magical jewels, you are now ready to open the pathway to the top of the tower. Make your way to the uppermost floor.
14. On the 12th floor, start by placing the Yellow Charm Stone into the first statue in the northeast direction.
15. Place the Green Charm Stone into the second statue in the southeast direction .
16. Then place the Blue Charm Stone into the third statue in the southwest direction.
17. Place the Red Charm Stone into the fourth statue in the northwest direction.
18. Finally, place the Black Charm Stone into the last statue in the north direction.
19. The pathway to the top of the tower should now appear in the center of the floor.
20. On the southeast platform you'll find a magic circle . For this you will need to have a Fragment of Agony or you will be unable to proceed. Fragment of Agony is dropped by Dolor of Thanatos. Walk over the magic circle and enter "Fragment of Agony". At this time, a Dolor of Thanatos will appear.
21. Once the first wave of monsters is defeated, proceed to the northeast platform . This time you will need a Fragment of Misery. Without this item, you will be unable to proceed. Place the "Fragment of Misery" in the magic circle, a Maero of Thanatos will appear.
22. On the northwest platform , you will need a Fragment of Despair. When you place the "Fragment of Despair", a Despero of Thanatos will appear.
23. On the southwest platform , you will need a Fragment of Hatred. When you place the "Fragment of Hatred", an Odium of Thanatos will appear.
24. Once all 4 ghosts have been defeated, the party will be summoned to (xx, yy) on the north platform and after a short speech, Memory of Thanatos will spawn directly next to them.
25. Following Thanatos' defeat, the party will have a short amount of time to pick up the drops before getting force warped back to 1st floor. There will be a 2 hour cooldown before he can be summoned again by anyone.
Talk to Liei who will give you various rewards for turning in items dropped by monsters throughout the tower.