|Changes At:||Morroc Pyramid|
|Number of Skills:||6|
|Total Skill Points:||51|
|Total Quest Skills:||4|
Waiting in the shadows, planning where they'll strike next, the mischievous Thief is a force to reckon with. Swift and powerful, few can keep up with a Thief's attack speed and power, whether they're slashing their way in battle with a sharp dagger or shooting from afar with a bow. Striking them down isn't easy either, coupling their high flee with the ability to become invisible and poison their pursuers - thieves have only magic to fear.
And a Thief wouldn't be a Thief if they weren't able to steal from their enemies, which makes them quite adept at gathering items and making money. If a player decides to play as a Thief, frantic battles and high degrees of fun are guaranteed. They're also a great choice for a first character, since they don't have to rely as much on equipment to be effective in battle - a trusty blade will suffice.
Note: completing the Novice Training Grounds personality test can teleport the player to the Pyramids map.
Note: click the coordinates to copy them, and paste them into the game chat to be directed to the location.
1. Go to the Pyramids, located in the north-west portal of Morroc, and enter the dungeon (beware of the , which can quickly take out a Novice when in a mob).
2. Navigate through the maze to the middle of the map and enter the Thieves Guild.
3. Once inside, follow the hallway down and take the left portal. Speak with the Thief Guide behind the desk on the left to begin the quest.
4. After accepted the quest, find Mr. Irrelevant, who provides teleportation to the mushroom farm.
5. At the farm, kill theto collect the quest items (25 points worth are needed to complete the quest). Aggressive and guard the farm, but are easily dispatched. Avoid the friendly . In the tragic event of death, Mr. Irrelevant can return the player to the farm.
Note: attacking unarmed is faster for killing
6. After collecting a sufficient amount of Mushrooms, leave through the portal at the south-center of the map.
7. Return to the Thieves Guild and speak to Comrade standing near the Thief Guide. If enough Mushrooms were collected, he will promote the player to a Thief.
Recommended starting stats:
Double Attack should be maxed first, since small amounts of FLEE from Increase Dodge won't help early on (but it should be maxed next). The third best skill is Steal, which can provide supplementary Zeny and is excellent with the Rogue's Gank.
Only Envenom Lv 1 is needed to get the Assassin's poison skills (which aren't good anyway) and Hiding Lv 2 to get Cloaking. Rogues don't need Envenom for any skills and only need Hide Lv 1 for Stalk. Detoxify should be taken simply because its potential utility is much better than putting more points in the other two final skills.
Note: many people believe Jobchanging before Job Lv 50 as a Trans class is a cardinal sin, but with a Thief it really isn't necessary to max out your skill points. They have so few skills, plus Envenom isn't useful after Thief and Hiding only needs a couple points to function well. Either class can change at Job Lv 40 and still meet all skill prerequisites.
For those lacking Zeny, these are some of the more cost effective starter items:
These weapons are much more expensive, but saving for a good weapon should be a major priority. These can easily last into the higher levels before investing in much more pricey carded weapons.