|Changes At:||Morroc Pyramid|
|Number of Skills:||6|
|Total Skill Points:||51|
|Total Quest Skills:||4|
Waiting in the shadows, planning where they'll strike next, the mischievous Thieves are a force to reckon with. Swift and powerful, few can keep up with a Thief's attack speed and power, whether they're slashing their way in battle with a sharp dagger, or striking from afar with a bow. Striking them down isn't easy either, coupling their high flee with the ability to become invisible and poison their pursuers, Thieves have only magic to fear.
A Thief just wouldn't be a Thief if they weren't able to steal from their enemies, which makes them in turn quite adept at item gathering and money making. If the player decides to play as a Thief, frantic battles and high degrees of fun are guaranteed. They're also a very good choice as first characters, since in the beginning they don't have to rely as heavily on equipments to be able to fight consistently.
1. Head off to the Pyramids, which is north-west of Morroc.
2. At the pyramid (58,159), enter, and head for the middle of the map to the Thief Guild (90,105).
3. Once inside, follow the hallway down and take the left gate (90,115). In here you will see two NPCs that will guide you through the quest.
4. Talk to the one closest to the portal. She will ask you a few questions, then instruct you to find an "Irrelevant Man" somewhere outside the Pyramid (141, 125) in order to steal mushrooms from a nearby mushroom farm.
5. At the farm, kill the mushrooms and collect the mushrooms that drop. Aggressive Fabres and Chonchons (and Spores, but they're not aggresive) protect the farm, so you may want to avoid them. Your mission is to collect at least mushrooms worth of 25 points.
6. After collecting a sufficient amount of Mushrooms, head back to Thief Guild.
7. Talk to NPC farthest from the warp portal. He will count your mushrooms and if you have enough points, he will promote you to a Thief.
In keeping with their high dosis of agility and strength, the usual starting stats for Thieves are the following:
The 2 major skill builds that most people follow are:
(An option to this build is to get 10 Hiding and 8 Envenom). You only need lvl 1 Envenom to get the assassins poison skills and lvl 2 Hiding to get cloak. Rogues doesn't need envenom for any particular skill and they only need lvl 1 Hide to unlock stalk.
Steal is a very usefull skill. It will enable you to steal monster items. However, you cannot steal from boss monsters and mini-boss monsters. Its good if you want to get some zeny or for hunting loots.
Max out Double Attack as your first skill and don't bother with Improve dodge till Double Attack at is at level 10.
Reason: Miniscule amounts of flee won't help early on (you'll still get hit alot), but the chance of doing double damage will. Kill monsters sooner, don't waste time dodging them. Although don't let that deter you from maxing it out afterward, at the upper levels that extra flee may be imperative to your survival.